FIVE SUNKEN ARMY TANKS and a BARGE WRECK
Venice is famous for Megalodon tooth hunting dives. We do that a lot there.
But here’s what many divers don’t know about Venice…there are FIVE SUNKEN ARMY TANKS and a beautiful BARGE WRECK in 50-60 feet of water just outside the fossil hunting grounds!
- 2-tank boat dive, tanks included
- 50-60 feet max depth
- Water Temperature: Typically 80 deg or above (June-Sept)
- Complimentary professional dive guides (Ed and Fred)
- Open Water Diver cert or above required. Great dives for both experienced divers, and also for newer divers who want to expand their diving experience in saltwater
- Dive 1: Five sunken U.S. Army Tanks. Donated as artificial reefs by the Florida National Guard in the 1980’s. Still intact. Tremendous marine life. Home of groupers, turtles, large rays, batfish, amberjack, and loads of small fish. Visibility can get to the 40-foot range. Great for photos.
- Dive 2: Venice Barge. 100 ft long wreck, mostly intact. Hangout of a 400-lb Goliath Grouper named George, 3-4 monster-sized rays, and a tremendous variety of marine life. Excellent for underwater photography. Only about 2 miles from Army Tanks.
- 1 PM departure, 4:30 PM return.
- Join us for beverages and an (optional) group dinner at a local restaurant afterward. You can even stay overnight and go diving for Megalodon teeth on Saturday!
- Complimentary Zoom session on Venice Megalodon Tooth Hunting several days before the Tank/Barge dive.
- 50% off all equipment rental
Treat yourself to a Friday afternoon Tank/Wreck dive in Venice!